if you missed the Your Best Face Forward Workshop
Guests of Plan Your Day Thunder Bay 2019 made their own lip scrubs hosted by Scotia Kauppi of Sweet Cherry Spa & Carly Hughes of Wink Beauty Studio.
Cinnamon Lip Scrub + Plumper
Why This Works Cinnamon is a natural lip plumper, so if you want that Kylie Jenner pout without the lip injections, this scrub is a foolproof technique to achieve that. Cinnamon also acts as a natural exfoliator and helps you achieve smooth, soft lips instantly.
We Talked About….
- How to prep your skin prior to your wedding so that your makeup will last longer, not budge or flake off.
- 2 weeks before your wedding do not try any new products, spray tans, or tanning beds.
- If you have dry cracked lips, brush your lips with hot water on a softer toothbrush after your brush your teeth nightly.
- If you have problematic skin, have a facial/skin care consult with an esthetician a month or two before.
Why a Makeup Trial is Important
- To test out their products to make sure they work with your skin type.
- To get to know your artist and make sure you are both comfortable with eachother
- To test out your ideas of how you’d like to look
- When trying a new trend of makeup if you think it will reflect your timeless natural beauty or reflect your style and personality (Blushing Bride or Sultry/ Smokey Evening looks or Themed makeup for a Themed wedding)
- When to have the trial done 2 weeks – a month before ie: don’t have your trial in the winter if you are getting married in the summer. Your skin tone will not be the right shade and will mess up your contouring and foundation shade.