This is the most common question I have from all my clients.
They see eyelash extensions and then see that I also offer lash and brow tinting.
Which one is right for you?
Eyelash and brow Tinting
Tinting is a semi permanent way to darken you lashes and brows. It involves dying the hairs which takes 10-15 minutes. It gives the look of wearing regular mascara without wearing it. Don’t expect it to lengthen your lashes past what is already there.
great for lashes that are super blonde
But if you don’t want to wear makeup everyday but still look like you put some on tinting is great. It lasts about 3-4 weeks.
Brow tinting is also great for if you have changed the colour of your hair you can blend your brows to match.
brow tinting before and after (not my work)
Lash extensions are when you glue on individual hairs (synthetic or natural) to your own lashes, not the skin(on the skin are the daily wear strip lashes). They thicken, darken and lengthen your lashes and last for 2-3 weeks.
They look great but have a higher upkeep. Fills are required every 2-3 weeks, as your natural lashes fall out normally so will he individual lashes.
No need for mascara but a big need for how you treat your new lashes!
- Do not get lashes wet for 2-4 hours after application
- Do not use oil or cream based makeup remover water based only!
it may say oil free but the silicone in it still acts as a oil it just isn’t the regular vegetable oil they use which can cause breakouts.
- Avoid hot steam or sauna
- Avoid running water directly on your lashes
- Do not rub your eyes, do not play with your new lashes
- If applying mascara do so from middle to tip, avoid root area Use water based mascara
- Do not perm your lashes
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler
- Do not pull on your lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely)
In the end I always suggest to clients to try the tinting first, its faster, cheaper and easier with out any upkeep.