I have been getting so many requests to start offering Brow Lamination so I have started! You can check out the packages here.
What is Brow Lamination?
Brow Lamination is the technique to making your brows look like you have thicker and fuller brows: no more expensive, painful and sometimes ugly Microblading! Want the look of using brow gel and filling in your brows without the daily maintenance? this is the service for you!
How is it done?
Using the same lifting products as a lash lift you can raise a client’s arch, extend their tails, give them a fuller brow by lifting the brow hair. It gives them a set, uniform shape for approximately 4-6 weeks.
The actual process starts off by painting a lifting cream onto the brow, which creates a chemical process that breaks down bonds in each hair which makes them flexible. Next, the brow hairs are brushed up into place and a neutralizer is applied to re-bond the hair into its new shape. Then a nourishing oil is added to the brows to replenish their moisture after the chemical treatment process
Are there concerns?
Always! Everything we do cosmetically will always come with possible allergies, skin reactions and if best practices are not paid attention to other medical issues. Make sure that you always do a test patch for the lifting chemical first as the skin around your eyes are the most sensitive. If any burning starts let you esthetician know ASAP. Just as any concerns that come up with lash lifts and hair perms overprocessing the hair can lead to permanent damage to the hair if not done properly.
As part of your eyebrow lamination aftercare, it is crucial that you:
- Avoid getting the brow area wet for 24 hours
- Avoid contact with direct sunlight, sunbeds, saunas, steam rooms and swimming pools for the next 48 hours
- Avoiding excessive rubbing or touching of the treated area for 24 hours
- Avoid using exfoliating (be it AHA, BHA or scrubs) and anti-ageing skincare around the brow area for three days either side of your treatment
- Avoid fake tanning products (including gradual tan) on the face for three days either side of your treatment, as it can discolour the eyebrow tint
- you should avoid applying any further heavy make up (foundations, etc) on the area around the brow for 24 hours
This is a noninvasive, temporary, but beautiful way to fix your brows in an affordable way. Prices start at 45$ but packages adding a brow tint and wax(package 70$) or pairing with a Lash lift can help really define and give you weeks of no hassle and no makeup.